Tuesday 2 March 2010

Andyoulance. And you. And you.

So once again the notable occurrence of my day is an ambulance-based event. In the same 40 miles per hour zone as before. The repetitive tedium of my life is beginning to illustrate itself quite clearly in these posts.


I see too many, surely? I really am beginning to think that I see a ridiculously disproportionate amount of ambuli these days. I don't know whether the good folk of the Rhondda are suffering more accidents than elsewhere, or whether there is oikish behaviour afoot that is hospitalising more people since the weather has become slightly more clement and the yobbos can once again take to the streets.


The ambulance that I had to move aside for today made a point of waiting until both the car on the other side of the road and I were at a COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE standstill until it overtook.


I was a bit annoyed and stressed, feeling unsure as to whether I was doing something wrong since it didn't seem to be overtaking very swiftly, but in its defence if any car has the right to be finicky about road safety it is an ambulance.


Since then I have chilled out by editing tomorrow's podcast, which can be uncovered here when it appears.


I noticed an unusual discrepancy in the adverts we host on the radio. In a specific advert for a local salon, the breathy woman declares that they use 'voy-ler' by Revlon. Whilst I am not an expert on hair products, I would like to think that the product is actually called Voila, and has been mispronounced by a professional reader outer woman. That would please me.


If you've got any time on your hands you may like to check out our website, I've been updating it with videos and the comedy songs we've been doing for our shows, I think they are quite good.


Cheers.


@adamgilder

www.theacre.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did this make you feel? What did it emphasize?