Wednesday 10 March 2010

Poe-ennui and Pun-ennui. Pretensch-ennui.

Being slightly under the weather I find myself in a slightly dour mood. I find that dourness manifests itself with me in the form of many different 'self-' terms.


Self-pity and self-indulgence, mostly.


I am attempting to channel this boring miserability (misery sounds too dramatic) into something more constructive, rather than just boring whoever'll listen with my feeble harrumphing.


I find that even though grumpiness can be fertile ground for comedy, it is usually in retrospect. Sitting down whilst in the midst of a grump and attempting to transpose this into comedy isn't something I can manage, despite my best attempts to pre-empt and deconstruct my thought processes as they happen. I can't be done, and it ruins fun, makes it quite hard to live in the moment. That sentence is clandestine poetry.


So yes, I turned my hand to some loose poetry instead, which is a far less pretentious thing to do than enter what I once described as Black & White French Experimental Ennui Film mode. Here is my effort.


*****


Ain't No Lie


I find your conversation grating,

It is in sarcasm that I reply; 'Fascinating',

But I'd give to you my bed to lay in,

If you braying didn't do my head in.


*****


So what we've learned is that I am a bit of a prick. And that my poetry needs work.


In order for my poetry to become more delicious, my editing process needs to become more judicious.


So in less horrible news, I've also devoted some time to silliness.


In an msn conversation that devolved into rhyming things with the word 'Tank' my friend declared "I am drawing a blank", to which I replied "I am drawing an ankh". Which I was. See.




He then replied in kind by drawing a blank, specifically Blank from Final Fantasy IX.




These are the kind of hilarious antics for which we, Adam and Dafydd, are famed.


I am indoors an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did this make you feel? What did it emphasize?