Tuesday 8 December 2009

The Swirly-Eyed Snake of Trust

The blog community is so selfish. I log on, hoping to have something to read at any hour of the day, and it turns out that I am completely up to date on the blogger’s that interest me. This is utterly unacceptable. And so it has come to pass that I have to fill the void myself, though it is unlikely that I will be as surprised and enthused by my own writings.

Blogger, blog thyself!

And I begin by recycling.

I was asked earlier on today to explain, in detail, what I was doing on the 17th of November (2009). Now perhaps I am too trusting, or too self-involved, but I set about detailing it right away. I was actually surprised by how much information I was able to dredge up about what I’d been doing.

Using the resources at my command: twitter, blogspot, diary, e-mails, even amazon, I was able to reconstruct the day. This is what I sent:

*****

Hopefully this isn't over the top, but here we go.

Here is an approximate account of myself and my behaviour on 17th November, 2009.

I estimate that I woke possibly around 9 or 10 a.m. as I was able to have a lengthy bath (there is no other kind) cook food, and also edit a podcast. The house would have been empty bar me and the puppy, as my father would have been asleep, as he works nights, my mother in work, and my sister in school. Therefore it is likely that I would have spent some time in psychological battle with the dog, as he wasn't fully housetrained, and so given to bouts of inappropriately-located bowel expulsions and random acts of violence on his box and also the pig that used to be the doorstop before he killed it. As it was a Tuesday, I was likely editing the Sunday edition of the radio show I do with Dafydd and Luke, as I would have edited the Saturday one on the Monday. I know for certain I spent most of the early afternoon editing, as I have left twitter evidence for myself at twitter:

Editing is a long and arduous process. This is an ongoing lesson I am learning.
5:10 PM Nov 17th from web

I have checked my e-mails from that day, and it was the day I received Dafydd's stings and jingles which he recorded for the podcasts, which I must have been inserting into the recordings. I also received confirmation from Amazon for a purchase of a cowbell, which I bought as a secret santa for a colleague.

By the time I tweeted that, however, I would have been in work, as I would have left my house at 4:15PM in order to reach work before 5:00PM, when my shift starts. As it was a Tuesday I would have listened to Episode 6 of Richard Herring's podcast 'As It Occurs to Me' on the drive in to work.

In work I usually spend Tuesday researching 'Footballer or Religious Figure' for that weekend's radio shows, though whether I did so on this particular day is not certain. If I did I would have been on wikipedia researching Vicente Rodriguez Guillen, better known as Vicente, who plays for Valencia CF. I then researched Don Quixote in order to fabricate an untrue history for him. I then researched Mia Hamm and Ludmila Javorova for the Sunday version.

Another tweet from later the same day:

Trying to find subliminal messages in shower gel products I was frightened by the inclusion of the ingredient Sea Kelp. Seek Help.
7:49 PM Nov 17th from web

proves that I spent at least a portion of my time in the bath attempting to back up my theory that gender stereotyping in shower products is rife, as ingredients in the purple can include 'Enriching Jojoba and Passionflower' and the 'for men' equivalent includes 'Birch Bark and Sea Kelp'. A diary entry from the 16th notes that I was reading Kurt Vonnegut's 'Slaughterhouse 5' and it is likely I would have read this while in the bath.

I was likely in text correspondence with a friend throughout the day, as I usually am. I may have spent the night watching the iPlayer or 4oD, probably also discussing ideas for the radio, specifically the stings/jingles, with Dafydd on MSN.

I am actually surprised that I am able to piece so much of it together, though it is a pity I didn't keep a diary entry on the
day itself. Entries on the 16th and 20th gave me a rough idea of what sort of thing was going on.

I trust that you aren't going to use this information for evil.

Gilder

*****


I do worry that I am too trusting. I assumed that as the individual is an art student, the information will be used in that direction, which is more likely the case. Though if I am abducted and taken to a shady terrorist sleeper cell, we will all know who to blame. Osama Bin Laden.

I have a gig tonight and so I have to play around with new ideas so that I can incorporate them into an existing set without them feeling clunky and out-of-place. I am excited about trying them out. They are about elk, surreal labyrinths and Nick Griffin’s taste in music. I don’t particularly want to discuss Nick Griffin, as I’ll simply be adding to the reservoir that is that topic, but hopefully my take is sufficiently unique and concise to give a go.

No doubt I will fail to document on this blog whether or not the material went well, so we can all just assume that it did, and sit cross-legged on the floor in homage to my greatness.

Just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did this make you feel? What did it emphasize?