Monday 7 June 2010

Greenfinger ~nuh-nah-nah-nah-nah

Having had a week off, both from work and blogging, I should have a plethora of things that I really want to write about, but I spent much of my week in a wasteful vegetative state. This means that apart from two gigs (which went very well) and a day spent in filming sketches in the sun, I have done next to nothing of any cerebral or creative value. My continued hiatus from reading means that playful language often escapes me, and rather than colourful archaisms I am more likely to mention a Fisherman's Suplex or an Inverted Atomic Drop, due to my continued and possibly excessive Royal Rumble catch-up.

I am currently being distracted from writing this by a splinter in one of my fingers, which presumably got there while I was helping my father clear the back garden. The back garden is a sheer slope, bordered with ridiculously steep narrow steps, from which we attempted to cull the tangled overgrown Jumanji the garden has become. It wasn't overly grueling work, but applying myself to a tiring, practical physical task was oddly enjoyable. There was a clear, simple goal to clearing the weeds and brambles away, and it was a process which showed instant, tangible results. It felt good to be using a mix of problem solving thinking and a bit of physical climbing around in order to finish the job, and I also revelled in the use of oversized garden scissors which made me feel like Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake.

I think the focus on simple, achievable goals and the non-grueling exercising made the experience valuable, but I'm sure a lot of my enjoyment came from the novelty of it. I will help out clearing the rest of the garden, but I don't envision developing full-blown green fingers. Although given the difficulty I am having removing the splinter from my finger it is possible that finger at least will be changing colour.

This piece is fairly turgid so I will cut it short today, hopefully more of my creative cylinders will be firing tomorrow.

Good time of day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did this make you feel? What did it emphasize?